Wednesday, December 22, 2010

5 Minutes

December 15 – 5 Minutes.

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

OK! This Reverb10 prompt stressed me out a lot, because ... how can I possibly do anything well in 5 minutes, be that remembering, writing, or ... anything? But, here goes -- total brain dump in 5 minutes. No more, no less.

I want to remember about 2010:

  • Taking Anna and Simon to NYC to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, out to dinner at Nizza where I had a fabulous GF meal and they were such adorable, polite little angels, and we saw Donny and Marie's Broadway Christmas special! We sat in the front row and got smiles, hellos, and high-fives from both of my childhood idols. Anna and Simon enjoyed the day so much and 2 days later, I'm still buzzing and happy!
  • Finding out I have a gluten intolerance/celiac disease has changed my life. I'm so thankful and want to remember the happiness of the discovery, not the sometimes-inconvenient nature of the lifestyle now.
  • Summer 2010 was really lovely.
  • My first half-marathon since 2001, which I ran with Kelly in the spring. Amazing! I cried and celebrated my health and many blessings.
  • The Army 10-Miler was similar to the half-marathon, but better. I ran that race alone in October but spent the weekend with friends from high school. Those friendships are still sustaining.
  • Gabriella going potty for the first time on the toilet was amazing! Her explosion of joy was very special.
  • Simon singing at his kindergarten class's mother's day presentation -- he was an octave higher than everyone else and so proud of himself, exuberant, and completely invested in his performance for me.
  • Seeing Anna take care of Gabriella, being a big sister and fixing Ella's hair, playing dolls with her, and just loving on her made me feel like Anna, despite evidence to the contrary sometimes, really is learning compassion, leadership, and a sense of responsibility.
5 minutes is over! :(


2 comments:

  1. Aha! I have a not-deathly-serious gluten intolerance too :) But the kid mentioned in that post is my blog-partner's, not mine--I'm childfree. I think you did pretty good for five minutes--way more than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemme clarify: My intolerance isn't deathly serious; I'm not sure what yours is like :)

    ReplyDelete